If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.NewMexico.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Making Flavored Coffee

Pecans- crack open, grind into fine powder.


Store crushed pecans in container...(an old coffee container works fine)
(don't you love my Art Deco period coffee canister?)



then when it it time to make the coffee, add a teaspoon or two to the coffee and enjoy!

*to store the ground pecans, I keep them in the freezer as it keeps them fresh for a long time.

5 comments:

Felinae said...

Thanks for the tip :D I'm guessing the same could be done with hazelnuts?

At Thanksgiving, I add a touch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, but not too much because then the basket backs up with water and you get grounds. :(

Thanks Jen, I'll have to try grinding up some nuts to add flavor.

Hugs~Fel~

HossBoss said...

Hmm ...Yeoldfurt only likes cashews in the 'nut family' and I'm not sure cashew flavored coffee would be a big hit ...with anyone! lol

How can I flavor it with vanilla? THAT he would like.

Humble wife said...

Fel and HB sounds like I have some new ideas, hazelnuts and vanilla!! thank you!

Homestead State of Mind said...

Interesting idea! Another thing I must now try :-)

Humble wife said...

HSoM- Well exciting! I am glad that you stopped by!
Jen

New Mexico Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. New Mexico Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.