If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.NewMexico.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Saturday, October 17, 2009

Simple Way to Preserve Zucchini

I found this recipe on a blog that references this book "Preserving Food Without Freezing or Canning" by The Gardeners & Farmers of Terre Vivante. It was so easy! I grated the zucchini, skins and all in a bowl, then packed the gratings into sterile canning jars layering alternatively with zucchini and then salt. I used no more than 1/2 tsp per pint. I then filled the jars leaving 1 inch headspace with water.

Grated zucchini


The results!

It was very hard to not nibble while doing this, as it smelled so good, and well, I love raw foods!! I ended up making 4 pints and 1 quart yesterday. It took longer to grate the zucchini then it took to pack it!

I am going to let it sit for about two weeks before I bring it out to eat. I cannot wait, and I will give an update!
(c) Double Nickel Farm

1 comment:

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

So, did you can this, or is it supposed to be like sauerkraut? I'm interested to hear how it turns out.

New Mexico Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. New Mexico Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.