If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.NewMexico.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Monday, May 25, 2009

I Will Never Forget

The traditions of Memorial Day for many Americans includes a lovely family get-together and BBQ. I find that living a simple life, simple traditions are easy to maintain, no pressure, no stress, and the normalcy is refreshing.

Memorial Day for others may still include a lovely BBQ after a visit to a cemetery and placing a flag and shedding some tears.

Over
1,008,286 soldiers have paid the ultimate price for our nation. Darryl Worley wrote a song titled Have You Forgotten? This song always makes me choke up, because I think we are forgetting.

As a prepper, we must never forget how we ended up on the path we are on. We must never forget that those before us paved a way, that has afforded us the knowledge, the skills, and the courage to prep for whatever comes our way.

I will never forget.

You see my prepper friends, my dad was killed 2 months before I was born...

Jennifer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not forget. Many American's gave their lives so we can have the freedoms we have today. We must not forget their sacrifice, and our own sacrifices to ensure freedom and liberty for our children.

matthiasj
Kentucky Preppers Network

kymber said...

we Canadians won't ever forget either!
although we don't have a Memorial Day, we do have Veteran's Day and Remembrance Day - both days are especially important to Canadians!

in Canada - we appreciate the sacrifices that men and women like your father have made - we appreciate it and we won't forget!

thanks for sharing this with us Jennifer!

APN said...

I will never forget. Thank you for the post and reminder

Bullseye said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your father. It kinda hits me hard to hear those things because I know I was one of the lucky children whos father came home from the war. I was 6 weeks old before news reached him in Vietnam and 6 months old before my father ever laid eyes on his one and only son. Like my father this weekend reminds us both of how blessed we are. Thank you for this post and you will never know how much I wish you could have spent it with your father there with you, hotdog in one hand and a cold drink in the other. Thinking of you and yours.

Bullseye
Code Name "Bullseye"

Humble wife said...

Mattiasj- You are correct- we must never ever forget.

Kymber - thank you. I know our friends to the north are on board with us, and I know that you are for sure! Thank you!

American Prepper- excellent! Thanks.

Bullseye- since I know that we are pretty much the same age, I was really humbled. You hug that dad of yours for sure. You made me tear up a bit, but honestly in gratitude as I know you understand.
Jen

New Mexico Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. New Mexico Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.