If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.NewMexico.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello

I thought I would just say hello from New Mexico.
~oh and remind you that if you can stock up foods, medicines, vitamins, toiletries I would advise you to do so. I feel pressed to write to you that stocking up time is now. I would skip some things over others.


~tomato sauce goes for about 20 cents a can----it is a base for so many foods...

~lard
---it is cheaper than Crisco, and I think that the taste in products is much better...

~canned tomatoes
---the gallon of whole peeled tomatoes at Costco is under 2.50...

~rice
---- bring home and freeze for a day or two to kill off any thing in...

~chocolate
---all kinds. What I read from those who are living solely off food storage is that they never had enough chocolate products. So chocolate syrup, cocoa, chocolate cake mix, brownie mixes, chocolate pudding...I am not a big chocolate fan but this advice is sound, so I promote it and have myself been adding these items for my family.

My advice to the two or so that read this blog is that if you can buy some food because you have a few coins PLEASE do so!!

I can not stress this enough so I am typing this again...Please, please buy wisely and plan ahead.
Jen


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww Jen! I read you every day. One of my bright spots in the blogosphere. You have your feet planted firmly and your heart is sound. It means alot. Thanks for all you share!

Anonymous said...

You have more readers than you think. I'm not good at commenting to all blogs, I tend to stay closer to home, but you give such good info and inspiration, it keeps me coming back for more.

Good post! I need the reminders to keep going, and like getting info on foods I may have forgotten and useful tidbits on farm life. Thanks for all the great info!

Shelly

TNTCrazyLady said...

I have read everyday since I signed up. I just don't always have anything to say. You keep up the great work and don't let anyone bring you down.

ckraus111
Albuquerque, NM
A 50 something, soon to be rural, prepper

New Mexico Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. New Mexico Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.