2 pounds of small green apples or immature apples or crabapples
4 cups of water
- Wash apples trim bad parts, and slice very thinly. Place in large stockpot; add two cups of water for each pound of apples. Cover pan boil 15 minutes.
- Strain juice through cheesecloth. Do not squeeze pulp. Reserve the juice.
- Put the pulp back into the pan; add same amount of water. Cook 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Strain juices through cheesecloth, without squeezing the pulp. When pulp cools, you can press more juice from it.
- Heat stock to boiling point. Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 " headspace. Remove air bubbles. Cap and seal.
- Process in water bath canner for 10 minutes.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.